Starzplay Announce Chilling Murder-Mystery Thriller THE HEAD Will Premiere in The UK And Germany On Sunday February 7
CHILLING MURDER-MYSTERY THRILLER “THE HEAD”
TO PREMIERE ON STARZPLAY IN GERMANY AND THE UK
Set in the Deeply Isolated South Pole Antarctic Research Station, “The Head” Will Premiere on Starzplay in the UK and Germany on Sunday, 7 February
Starzplay, the international premium streaming service from Starz, announced today it will premiere the eerie 6-part drama thriller series “The Head” in Austria, Germany, German-speaking Luxembourg, German-speaking Switzerland, Ireland and the UK on Sunday, 7 February, 2021.
Produced by THE MEDIAPRO STUDIO in collaboration with Hulu Japan and HBO Asia, “The Head” has received widespread acclaim from audiences in other territories where it has premiered including Japan, Southeast Asia, Spain, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Baltics, Russia, Brazil, Australia and Middle East and North Africa, among others.
About “The Head”
Winter has fallen on the South Pole. The sun will soon disappear for the next six months. A small team of scientists, known as the Winterers, will remain at the Polaris VI Antarctic Research Station to continue their innovative research. Their work is crucial in the fight against climate change and they are under the command of renowned biologist Arthur Wilde (John Lynch). But when spring comes, summer commander Johan Berg (Alexander Willaume) returns to the station only to find most of the team dead or missing. A killer is on the loose and Annika (Laura Bach), Johan’s wife, is missing too. If he wants to find her alive, he will have to trust Maggie (Katherine O’Donnelly), the young doctor who is profoundly shaken and apparently the sole survivor from the group… or, is there someone else who survived?
“The Head” features an international cast which includes Tomohisa Yamashita (“Code Blue”), John Lynch (“The Terror”), Katherine O’Donnelly (Mary Queen of Scots), Alexandre Willaume (“Gidseltagningen”), Laura Bach (“Gangs of London”), Sandra Andreis (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), Amelia Hoy (“Gidseltagningen”), Chris Reilly (Everest), Richard Sammel (Inglorious Basterds), Tom Lawrence (“The Third Day”), and Álvaro Morte (“La Casa de Papel”/ "Money Heist").
Written by brothers Àlex & David Pastor with Isaac Sastre, and directed by Jorge Dorado (“El Ministerio de Tiempo,” “El Embarcadero”), “The Head” was filmed in Tenerife in the Canary Islands on a set of the Polaris VI research station reproduced to actual scale, with exteriors shot in Iceland. Executive producers are Laura Fdez. Espeso, Javier Méndez, Ran Tellem, Bernat Elías, Mariano Baselga, Kazufumi Nagasawa, Jorge Dorado, Àlex Pastor & David Pastor
Starzplay subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programming including STARZ Original limited series “The Spanish Princess” and the explosive second chapter in the “Power” Universe, “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige the same day they launch in the US; the star-studded limited series “The Stand” based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King; 2020 Emmy®-nominated series such as the thought-provoking millennial comedy “Ramy” from Muslim-American comedian Ramy Youssef, the genre-bending period dramedy “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award® Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; plus a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV™ models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
Starz continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the Starzplay international premium streaming platform. Starzplay’s rapid expansion into 55 countries since its launch in May of 2018 is driven by its ability to provide subscribers access to the “best in global SVOD.” The content offering is comprised of the entire catalog of STARZ premium content, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on Starzplay day-and-date with the US, exclusive award-winning and critically acclaimed first-run series and a vast library of blockbuster feature films. Starzplay is available through the direct to consumer Starzplay app in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the UK and India (as Lionsgate Play); on global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies and other online and digital platforms including in Canada, Europe, Japan and Latin America on Apple TV; in Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico the Netherlands, Spain and the UK on Amazon Prime Video channels; in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Rakuten; in Brazil, Canada, Mexico and the UK through Roku TV and streaming devices and on the following local platforms: in Argentina on Movistar, in Brazil on Claro; in France on Orange and Molotov; in Italy on Vodafone; in Mexico on izzi, Totalplay and Cinépolis; in Spain on Orange, Vodafone and MasMovil; in Switzerland on UPC TV, blue+ and Sky, in the UK on Virgin Media; and as Starz in Canada in alliance with Bell Media.