STARZPLAY Announces 1980s Crime Drama BMF The Newest Series From Executive Producer 50 Will Premiere On Sunday September 26
STARZPLAY, the international premium streaming service from STARZ, announced today that the new original crime series “BMF,” from Executive Producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, will premiere on Sunday, 26th September. Set against the backdrop of 1980s Detroit, Michigan, and inspired by true legends, “BMF” tells the story of the real-life Flenory family. The series will stream on STARZPLAY across Europe, Latin America and Japan, with new episodes available every Sunday.
“BMF” is inspired by the true story of two brothers who rose from the decaying streets of southwest Detroit in the late 1980s and gave birth to one of the most influential crime families in the United States. Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory’s charismatic leadership, Terry “Southwest T” Flenory’s business acumen and the fraternal partnership’s vision beyond the drug trade and into the world of hip-hop would render the brothers iconic on a global level. Their unwavering belief in family loyalty would be the cornerstone of their partnership and the crux of their eventual estrangement. This is a story about love, kinship and capitalism in the pursuit of the American dream.
Previously announced cast include series regulars Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr., the son of Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory; Da’Vinchi (The Way Back, “grown-ish”); Russell Hornsby (Fences, The Hate U Give); Michole Briana White (“Dead to Me,” She Hate Me); Ajiona Alexus (“Empire,” “13 Reasons Why”); Eric Kofi-Abrefa (Blue Story, Fury); Myles Truitt (“Black Lightening,” “The New Edition Story”); and Steve Harris (“The Practice,” Diary of a Mad Black Woman) with Arkeisha “Kash Doll” Knight; Wood Harris (“Empire,” Creed); Snoop Dogg (Dolemite Is My Name, Soul Plane, Training Day) in recurring roles. La La Anthony (“The Chi,” Think Like a Man) and Serayah (“Empire,” Favorite Son) are set as recurring guest stars.
“BMF” is executive produced by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (co-creator of the “Power” Universe, “For Life”), alongside showrunner, executive producer, writer and Detroit native Randy Huggins (“Star,” “Rebel,” “Power”). Tasha Smith (“Empire,” “Power,” Why Did I Get Married?) is set to direct multiple episodes and executive produce. Terri Kopp, Anthony Wilson and Anne Clements also serve as executive producers on the series. “BMF” is produced through Jackson’s G-Unit Film and Television in association with Lionsgate Television for STARZ.
STARZPLAY subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programming including STARZ Original limited series “The Spanish Princess” and the explosive second chapter in the “Power” Universe, “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige the same day they launch in the US; 2020 Emmy®-nominated series such as the thought-provoking millennial comedy “Ramy” from Muslim-American comedian Ramy Youssef, the genre-bending period dramedy “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award® Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; plus a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV™ models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
STARZ continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform. STARZPLAY’s rapid expansion into more than 55 countries since its launch in May of 2018 is driven by its ability to provide subscribers access to the “best in global SVOD.” The content offering is comprised of the entire catalog of STARZ premium content, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day-and-date with the US, exclusive award-winning and critically acclaimed first-run series and a vast library of blockbuster feature films. STARZPLAY is available through its direct-to-consumer app in 13 countries; on global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies; and other online and digital platforms across its footprint spanning across Canada, Europe, India, Indonesia, Japan and Latin America.