STARZPLAY Announces European Premiere Dates For Season 2 Of The Golden Globe® Award-Winning Comedy Series RAMY
The series debuted as the Audience Award Winner at the 2019 SXSW Festival and has since been widely lauded as one of the most trailblazing new comedies on television. Earlier this year, creator and star Ramy Yousseff received a Golden Globe® for Best Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy, and more recently, the show received a Peabody Award for its “masterful weaponization of the tension between faith and secularism, East and West, and men and women.”
“Ramy” follows first-generation, Egyptian-American Ramy Hassan (Youssef) who is on a spiritual journey in his politically-divided New Jersey neighborhood. “Ramy” brings a new perspective to the screen as it explores the challenges of what it’s like to be caught between a religious community who believes life is a moral test, and a millennial generation that doubts an afterlife even exists. In the second season, Ramy delves further into his spiritual journey, finding a new Muslim community and embracing a deeper commitment to his faith.
Alongside Youssef, the new season will star two-time Academy Award® and Golden Globe® Award-winner Mahershala Ali. The series also features Mohammed Amer, Hiam Abbass, Amr Waked, May Calamawy, Dave Merheje, Laith Nakli and Steve Way.
“Ramy” is written, executive produced, created by and stars Ramy Youssef, executive produced by A24’s Ravi Nandan, co-creators Ari Katcher and Ryan Welch, Jerrod Carmichael, and produced by A24.
STARZPLAY subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programing including STARZ Original Series such as “The Spanish Princess” and the highly-anticipated upcoming series “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige the same day they launch in the US; curated content such as the recently launched genre-bending series “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult; the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award® Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; and a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
• The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
• STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web.
• Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
• VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
• STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV™ models.
• STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
Starz continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform in a growing number of territories. The STARZPLAY premium streaming service gives subscribers the opportunity to watch STARZ premium content all in one place, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day-and-date with the US. Available through its own direct to consumer STARZPLAY app, global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies and other online and digital platforms, STARZPLAY offers subscribers access to STARZ Original series, premium movies and curated content focused on a global audience. STARZPLAY is currently available through its DTC app in Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK; in Europe, Latin America and Japan on Apple TV, in France, Germany, Mexico and the UK on Amazon Prime Video channels, in Brazil, Mexico and the UK through Roku streaming devices and on the following local platforms: in France on Orange, in Mexico on izzi and Totalplay; in Spain on Orange and Vodafone; in the UK on Virgin Media; as Lionsgate Play in India and as Starz in Canada in alliance with Bell Media.