THE PARTY IS JUST GETTING STARTED! Jennifer Garner And James Marsden Join Starzplay’s Highly Anticipated PARTY DOWN Revival
STARZPLAY ANNOUNCES JENNIFER GARNER, TYREL JACKSON WILLIAMS AND ZOË CHAO AS SERIES REGULARS ON HIGHLY ANTICIPATED “PARTY DOWN” REVIVAL
James Marsden Joins the Series in Key Recurring Role
New Cast Members Join Ken Marino, Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, Martin Starr, Ryan Hansen and Megan Mullally, All Reprising Their Starring Roles
STARZPLAY, the international premium streaming service from STARZ, announced today that Jennifer Garner (Yes Day, Love, Simon), Tyrel Jackson Williams (Thunder Force, “Brockmire”) and Zoë Chao (“Love Life,” “Strangers”) have been cast as new series regulars in STARZ’s upcoming “Party Down” revival. James Marsden (Sonic the Hedgehog, “Dead to Me,” “The Stand”) has been added as a recurring guest star.
They will join the series’ previously announced returning original cast, including Adam Scott reprising his role along with original cast members Ken Marino (“Veronica Mars,” Role Models), Jane Lynch (“Glee,” “Criminal Minds”), Martin Starr (Knocked Up, “Silicon Valley”), Ryan Hansen (“Bless this Mess,” “Veronica Mars”) and Megan Mullally (“Will & Grace,” “The Great North”).
Jennifer Garner will play “Evie,” a successful producer of studio franchise movies, who, in the wake of a breakup, is reconsidering her life choices. A fledgling relationship with Henry Pollard (Adam Scott) becomes a way for her to explore possible new directions.
Tyrel Jackson Williams will play “Sackson,” a handsome, confident, driven, wannabe influencer/internet personality. He’s knowledgeable and savvy about his specific internet niche, but a bit lost in every other aspect of life.
Zoë Chao will play “Lucy,” a passionate, outspoken, free-thinking creative “food artist.” Lucy dreams of being a celebrity chef, but she’s stuck cranking out hors d’oeuvres at Party Down without the resources to do anything more ambitious.
James Marsden will play “Jack Botty,” an actor who plays the lead in a popular superhero franchise. Jack's looks match his charm, he enjoys his life, his fame and being the centre of everyone's attention.
The cult comedy hit will return with six new episodes and is executive produced by “Party Down” alumni Rob Thomas (“Veronica Mars,” “iZombie”) along with John Enbom (“iZombie,” “Benched,”), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man, Ghostbusters: Afterlife), Dan Etheridge (“Veronica Mars,” iZombie”), and Adam Scott (“Parks and Recreation,” “Big Little Lies”). Enbom also serves as showrunner.
“Party Down” follows a Los Angeles catering team – a sextet of Hollywood wannabes stuck working for tips while hoping for their “big break.” Each episode of this half-hour comedy finds the hapless catering team working a new event – and inevitably getting tangled up with the colourful guests and their absurd lives.
The first two seasons of “Party Down” aired on STARZ in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV™ models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
STARZ continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform. STARZPLAY’s rapid expansion into more than 59countries since its launch in May of 2018 is driven by its ability to provide subscribers access to the “best in global SVOD.” The content offering is comprised of the entire catalog of STARZ premium content, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day-and-date with the US, exclusive award-winning and critically acclaimed first-run series and a vast library of blockbuster feature films. STARZPLAY is available through its direct-to-consumer app in 13 countries; on global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies; and other online and digital platforms across its footprint.
STARZ, a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly-rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform to provide subscribers access to the “best of global SVOD.” STARZPLAY, coupled with its STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture, has expanded its global footprint into more than 55 countries throughout Europe and Latin America along with Canada, Japan, India and Indonesia. STARZ and STARZPLAY are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.