THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION: North America’s Leading Streaming Service Acorn TV From AMC Network Launches This Week In The UK
North America’s leading streaming service for British and international television will feature the Exclusive UK Premiere of Emmy-nominated British series QUEENS OF MYSTERY And a compelling catalogue of recent and classic series including
GEORGE GENTLY, WILD AT HEART, FOYLE’S WAR, KEEPING FAITH and Agatha Christie’s AND THEN THERE WERE NONE
AMC Networks’ Acorn TV arrives in the UK this week, on Wednesday, April 29. With more than one million paid subscribers in the U.S., Acorn TV is the ultimate destination for high-quality, world class dramas, mysteries and comedies from Britain and around the globe, without advertising.
Acorn TV will be available across the whole of the UK for the very first time. Consumers can visit Acorn.TV to subscribe and can watch Acorn TV online with an extended 30-day free trial for a limited time.
The service will also be available on many devices including Roku, Fire TV, Android and Apple mobile, Apple TV and coming soon to Amazon Channels and Apple TV Channels. Following its launch on April 29, Acorn TV will add exclusive new programmes every subsequent Monday, and all programmes will include English subtitles. After the free trial, Acorn TV will be £4.99 per month or £49.99 per year.
The hugely entertaining, Emmy-nominated Acorn TV Original series Queens of Mystery makes its UK premiere to launch the service. Created and written by Julian Unthank (Doc Martin, New Tricks) and narrated by four-time BAFTA-Award nominee Juliet Stevenson (Riviera), this mystery series is a warm-hearted spin on the classic whodunit, following perennially single female detective Mattie (Olivia Vinall, The Woman in White) and her three crime writing aunts – played by Sarah Woodward (The Politician’s Husband), Julie Graham (Penance), and Siobhan Redmond (Unforgotten), who help her solve murders in the picturesque region of Wildemarsh. But no matter how many cases they crack there’s always one mystery that still haunts Mattie, the disappearance of her own mother…a crime she will never stop trying to solve.
- Queens of Mystery (UK PREMIERE): Acorn TV commissioned,contemporary, warm-hearted spin on the classic whodunit
- New Zealand detective dramaThe Brokenwood Mysteries, Series 1-3
- BBC One Period mystery seriesGeorge Gently S1-7 starring Martin Shaw
- Long-running ITV drama Wild at Heart Series 1-8
- All nine seasons of Foyle’s War, the universally adored wartime detective drama starring Michael Kitchen
- Contemporary adaptation of Agatha Christie:And Then There Were None, starring Aidan Turner, Sam Neill and Charles Dance
- Contemporary adaptation of Agatha Christie:Partners in Crime: starring David Walliams and Jessica Raine
- Contemporary adaptation of Agatha Christie:The Witness for the Prosecution starring Toby Jones and Kim Cattrall
- ITV crime dramaAbove Suspicion
- BAFTA-award winning BBC dramaAccused
- Record-breaking BBC Wales drama Keeping Faith starring Eve Myles (Series 1)
- Scandinavian crime dramaBlack Widows
- Award-winning Australian dramaDeep Water
- The complete Australian crime dramaEast West 101
- New Zealand detective dramaHarry starring Sam Neill and Oscar Kightley
- Irish detective dramaJack Taylor starring Iain Glen
- Charming Australian mystery seriesMr. & Mrs. Murder
- Australian comedySando
- star-studded ITV dramaGirlfriends
- Irish legal dramaStriking Out starring Amy Huberman
- The first two series of popular ITV period dramaThe Bletchley Circle
- BBC miniseriesThe Great Train Robbery
- All five series of ITV popular cop dramaThe Commander
- Classic Irish period dramaThe Irish RM
- BBC miniseriesThe Last Enemy starring Benedict Cumberbatch
- ITV dramaThe Level
- Australian thrillerWinter/The Killing Field starring Rebecca Gibney
All this plus dozens of classic television programmes featuring stars such as Brenda Blethyn, David Tennant, John Hannah, Stephen Fry, David Morrissey, James Purefoy, Robson Green, Toby Stephens, Jemma Redgrave, Brenda Fricker, Lennie James, Olivia Colman, Matthew Rhys, and Martin Clunes.
New to stream on Acorn TV from Monday, May 4:
- Acorn TV commissioned Queens of Mystery, “Death by Vinyl” Episodes 3 and 4 (UK PREMIERE) guest starring Michelle Collins and Frances Barber
- Acorn TV commissioned British crime drama London Kills, Series 1 starring Hugo Speer and Sharon Small
- The final two series of Lynda La Plante’s star-studded crime drama Above Suspicion, Series 3 and 4
- True life Irish drama The Secret starring James Nesbitt and Genevieve O’Reilly
From broadcast to streaming, DVD to digital, the Acorn TV brand successfully curates and effectively distributes content in all formats across all distribution channels. Acorn’s international distribution arm is London-based Acorn Media International led by Managing Director Stuart Shaw.
About Acorn TV
Launched in the U.S. in 2011, Acorn TV has led the way for specialized streamers with commissioning, co-producing and licensing a wide range of first-rate productions from Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, among others. Through Acorn Media Enterprises, Acorn TV has commissioned several series, including charming British mysteries Queens of Mystery and Agatha Raisin, Series 2 and 3 starring Ashley Jensen; Irish period mystery series Dead Still, New Zealand thriller The Sounds, and gritty British crime drama London Kills, as well as coproducing Irish family drama Blood Series 1 and 2 starring Adrian Dunbar, Irish comedy Finding Joy created by and starring Amy Huberman, and record-setting Welsh thriller Keeping Faith Series 1 and 2 starring Eve Myles. Acorn also owns and co-produced the final two series of beloved detective drama Foyle’s War and has majority stake in the Agatha Christie literary estate. Acorn TV expanded internationally in summer 2018 and is now available in Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, among other countries.
About AMC Networks
Known for its groundbreaking and celebrated original content, AMC Networks is the company behind the award-winning brands AMC, BBC AMERICA, IFC, SundanceTV, WE tv, and IFC Films. Its diverse line-up of popular and critically-acclaimed series and independent films include Killing Eve, Better Call Saul and The Walking Dead, which has been the #1 show on basic cable television for nine consecutive years, as well as Portlandia, Brockmire, Love After Lockup, and the films Boyhood, Death of Stalin, and many more. Its original series Mad Men and Breaking Bad are widely recognized as being among the most influential and acclaimed shows in the history of TV. The Company also operates AMC Studios, its production business; AMC Networks International, its international programming business; the subscription streaming services Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now, and UMC (Urban Movie Channel); and Levity Entertainment Group, the Company’s production services and comedy venues business.